Monday, July 14, 2008

Addicted to textures

I really love taking pictures and I really love the process of using photoshop to being to life the scene as I saw it. I know that there are different schools of thought on whether or not photoshopping digital photos is the same as dark room developing~ I'm not going to get into all of the arguments here because this is MY blog so I will just tell you that I believe that some form of post processing is necessary to complete the digital picture. Just as it takes a certain amount of skill in the darkroom to bring out the best possible photo from a negative, so too does it take a certain amount of skill in photoshop or some other processing program to faithfully reproduce what it was that the photographer saw through his viewfinder. Whew- with all that said, sometimes it is fun to play with pictures and to heck with the faithful representation!! Lately I have been completely addicted to textures- different patterns and colors. It has been fun to play~ almost like a painting or a collage. I would really like to find a place for this type of work in my photog business but I am not sure how to work them in. Until I find exactly where I want these to fit I will keep playing and maybe inspiration will follow!

















No comments: